REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Time: November 5, 2022 from 8am-5pm. A light lunch 12-1pm will be provided.
Place: Homewood Suites, 348 West Main Road, Middletown
Topic: Diversity and Inclusion within Chiropractic
Core presenter: Denise Noble, Senior HR consultant with HR Engineers
The evolution of Chiropractic in Rhode Island will be much influenced by our collective outlook of what it means to be inclusive. Please join us in coming together to broaden our understanding of how we can rise to meet the needs of our diverse identities, to address our biases and celebrate our differences within our practices and our profession!
Premise: For optimum healing patients need to feel relaxed and comfortable in your space and with you. That takes trust. To give trust a person must feel seen for who they are and accepted without judgement. This workshop will help you understand diverse identities and why they are important. It will provide you with tools to foster appreciation for the multitude of diverse identities that are at the core of a person's self-worth.
Topics to be addressed include:
➢ Women in the Workplace – Yes, the glass ceiling and sexual harassment are still with us.
➢ Racial Prejudice – What is meant by "White Supremacy Culture" and how it affects you.
➢ Religion – Making room for differing opinions on what is right and proper.
➢ Ethnicity – Being aware of and respecting cultural habits and values.
➢ Ability - Empowering and respecting people with different ability levels. When do employers need to make accommodations and when do they not need to.
➢ LGBTQ+ - Understanding this "alphabet soup" is fundamental to being an approachable and trusted person and practitioner.
Afternoon speakers to include: Eleanor Stump, DC and Kristin Fabris, DC (Women in Chiropractic), John Montague, DC (Anti-inflammation Nutrition) and Mariah Stump, MD (Holistic Healthcare).
THE STRAIGHTEN UP RI CAMPAIGN is UNDERWAY!
- www.straightenupri.com – here you will find the main page, which lists the categories of content.
- LINK to a welcome video by Dr. Kristin Fabris at: https://my.chiromatrix.com/0026936/storage/app/media/straighten-up-ri011121-1.mp4
- The site is also accessible at https://www.richiro.org/straighten-up-ri
- The first piece of content is by Dr. Erika Bruno of Bruno Chiropractic: https://www.richiro.org/keep-moving-from-home-for-seniors/chair-exercises-and-stretches---dr-erika-bruno
- Doctors who wish to submit content can send it to Joe D’Eramo at email@example.com or Steve Dubin firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New content will also be posted to the CSRI Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/722049898385653